Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends goes gold
Great news for Samurai fans, but most of us will be busy with another warrior that day.
Koei proudly announced today that Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends (SWXL) has gone gold and will ship to retailers on November 9.
Newcomers planning to pick up the game can rest easy as the expansion can be enjoyed without the original Samurai Warriors disc. Xtreme Legends will feature a full roster of 19 Samurai Warriors, including four new fighting legends, each with their own storyline. Tadakatsu Honda is a loyal and decidedly fierce warrior in the vein of Dynasty Warriors' famed Lu Bu. Warrior Princess Ina, the daughter of Honda, is as lethal as she is beautiful. The peasant who rose to prominence, Hideyoshi Hashiba, is noted as being the Unifier of Japan. Last but not least is Yoshimoto Imagawa, the warlord and archrival of the powerful Nobunaga Oda.
Each of these new characters will appear in the stories of the original 15 Warriors and possess their new XL abilities when remixed with the original Samurai Warriors game disc.
Along with the new samurai, the game features the never-before-seen Battlefield of Komaki-Nagakute, three new stages in Vs mode, a new Survival mode stage and two additional difficulty settings. SWXL also includes a new 6th weapon level as well as new power up items and character skills. Furthermore, the game's new weapon system, allows players to power-up their weapons by paying a blacksmith or by purchasing items.
Below is a summary of the game's features:
- Four new playable characters!
- Lead a campaign on the new Battlefield of Komaki-Nagakute!
- New VS mode stages, new Survival mode course and new difficulty levels.
- Added 6th weapon level and upgrade system, new items and skills.
- Redesigned 2P Musou attack.
- Modified Character Growth System and Character Potentials, improved balance and A.I.
- Two new levels of difficulty.
- Bonus historical Archive.
- Memory card data from Samurai Warriors is compatible with Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends.