KOF 02/03 to be released as a double pack
SNK gears up to unleash a double dose of 2D fighting action.
2D fighting enthusiasts will be delighted to know that SNK NEOGEO USA announced today that King of Fighters 2002 and 2003 will be released as a combo package, scheduled for release on the PS2 next month.
Since 1994, The King of Fighters series has appeared on a variety of gaming platforms, as well as in the arcade, where it has garnered a legion of fans. Over 3 million copies of the series have sold to date. Below is a breakdown of the features players can look forward to in each KOF installment:
King of Fighters 2002 is a "greatest hits" collection that brings together all of the famous characters from the previous KOF 99-01 trilogy KOF
KOF 2002 features:
- A total of 44 characters from KOF 96 through KOF 2001 available for the first time in one arena
- Thirteen extreme 2D fighting teams with 5 bonus secret characters to unlock
- Revives the extremely popular 3 on 3 battle format
- Upgraded Max-On Power System
- Over-the-top Super Special Moves to cause extreme damage
King of Fighters 2003 marked the beginning of a new epic saga in the KOF series. KOF 2003 also introduced SNK's now popular "Multi-Shift System" which allows for the free substitution of any team member during battle.
KOF 2003 features:
- 8th installment of the franchise
- A total of 35 characters yielding 11 of the most dangerous 2D fighting teams ever assembled plus hidden boss characters
- Introducing 10 beautifully rendered 3D battle stages
- Select your team leader with the new "Tactical Leader System"
- Learn the combo moves for your favorite fighters and unleash massive attacks
King of Fighters 2002 / 2003 will be available at a suggested retail price of $39.99