Synergy Publishing announces ''Game Console Hacking'' book
l33t h4x0r goodness.
Syngress Publishing announced the publication of "Game Console Hacking: Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, Atari, & Gamepark 32", a book written by Joe Grand, Frank Thornton, Albert Yarusso, and featuring a special foreword by Ralph H. Baer, the "Father of Video Games."
Amorette Pedersen, Vice President, Syngress Publishing, said, "Covering the 'old favorite' consoles of yesterday, right up to the latest machines from Microsoft and Sony, this book has something for everyone--from the beginner hobbyist with no electronics experience to the self-proclaimed gadget geek. Whether you like to get your hands dirty with hacking hardware or whether you're an aspiring game developer, this book shows you how to take an ordinary piece of equipment and turn it into a personal work of art."
- Revive your retro console! Turn your old Atari 2600 into a fully featured PC.
- It's Independence Day! Hack your PlayStation 2 to boot code from the memory card.
- GP32?! Experiment with the Gamepark 32, the unfamiliar yet extremely hackable handheld system.
- Have you played Atari today? Create an arcade-style Atari 5200 paddle controller or transform the Atari 2600 joystick into one that can be used by left-handed players.
- You can do that? Run Linux on your Microsoft Xbox.
- Let there be light! Add an Afterburner LCD frontlight to your GBA.
- Avoid the flashing blue screen! Fix the infamous cartridge slot on the Nintendo NES
Chapter topics include: Introduction to Hardware Hacking, Tools of the Warranty Voiding Trade, Case Modifications: Building an Atari 2600PC, Modern Game Consoles, Xbox, PS2, Handheld Game Platforms, Nintendo Game Boy and GBA, GP32, Retro and Classic Systems, Nintendo NES, Atari 2600, Atari 5200 SuperSystem, Atari 7800, and Electrical Engineering Basics.
The book will go on sale for $39.95 USD.