Technic Beat screenshots released
Mastiff gives us a sneak peek at the upcoming music game heading our way.
by | September 1, 2004
Mastiff released several new screenshots of the upcoming music/rhytm music game, Technic Beat, recently announced for a North American release for the PlayStation 2 platform.
Technic Beat features a variety of music licensed from multiple Namco titles released over the years. In addition, the game also includes songs from several original Arika games and all of the songs from Technic Beats predecessor, Technictix, for a total of 85 songs.
The objective in the game is to listen to the music represented by radiating concentric rings of sound. Picking up the beat, they dance into the middle of the rings and try to "catch" the music. If successful, they achieve the power to manipulate the sound rings and create entirely new music. As players progress and gain skill they are rewarded with spectacular visual displays, bonuses, and power ups.
Technic Beat features include:
- Arcade mode use the Tension Meter to measure your performance. Push it up and youre on to the next round!
- Free mode choose the songs you want to play. Save and replay your performances, and control the camera and music.
- Challenge mode choose the difficulty level and let the game pick your test!
- Sudden death Can you play all the songs in order without a single mistake?
- Supports one or two players playing cooperatively or competitively.
Technic Beats release is just a few weeks away from release. Well be counting the days until it arrives. For now, have a look at the screens!