Colin McRae Rally 2005 heading to PC
Looks like PC fans won't be getting lapped by their console counterparts.
by | September 13, 2004
Codemasters has confirmed the next iteration in the Colin McRae Rally series will be heading to PC next month. Colin Mcrae Rally 2005, also in development fo Xbox will offer players another chance to tear up the roads and show off their racing prowess. The game will feature over 30 licensed vehicles including the Subaru 22B STI, Audi Sport Quattro Rallye, MG Sebring Special and the 1967 Morris Mini Cooper S. Modeled with extraordinary attention to detail, the vehicles are authentic and handle the road according to how each would perform under realistic conditions.
Additional features include:
- More than 30 featured cars including the Volkswagen Golf MK5, Toyota Celica GT-FOUR, Lancia Stratos, Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, Alfetta GTV
- Turbodelta, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, Peugeot 206, 205 T16 Evo2 and the distinctive VW Beetle RSi!
- 9 international locations (new German rally joins events through UK, Sweden, USA, Finland, Australia, Spain, Greece, and Japan), in Rally game mode, each with 8 stages. Large, animated spectator crowds cheer you on through the stages.
- An individual damage model for each car right down to paintwork scrapes and a dazed visual effect as you recover from a crash.
- An all-new multi-discipline Career Challenge where players can experience a full professional rally career while driving a diverse selection of cars for different manufacturers. Cups, Supercups and Championships are just a few of the 23 individual rally events and 300 stages gamers can take on and tear up.
The PC edition will arrive shortly after the Xbox release. We'll report back on the Xbox edition later this month.